BOE MINUTES PAGE
BOE EXECUTIVE MINUTES PAGE
The Totowa Board of Education and its' staff is dedicated to providing a comprehensive education, relative to the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards, in the areas of academics, the visual and performing arts, athletics, social/emotional growth, and workplace readiness for success in life.
Totowa School District Board of Education:
Heather Antonucci - President, Julie Alesandrelli- Vice President, Gary Bierach, Roe Carr, Kevin Kerwin, Gregory La Rose, Jennifer DeCeglie, Sanders Reynoso, Brian Tangora
TOTOWA SCHOOL DISTRICT’S GOALS 2021 – 2022 SCHOOL YEAR
1. To continue to design a robust learning environment in all subject areas.
• To assist teachers in developing structures and strategies designed to address the learning needs of all students.
• To offer a summer institute and one-to-one mentoring throughout the year for the purpose of creating success in academic achievement, executive function, social emotional learning, and greater student engagement, empowerment, and efficacy.
• To ensure classroom instruction enables students to engage in discussion and debate, reach consensus, collaborate, share, actively listen and respond and that is not dependent on where students are learning.
• To provide all students with instructional equity by providing each student with the type and level of instruction needed to succeed and to address all learning gaps.
• To continue to assist teachers in creating a learning environment that is studentcentered and problem-based and where students are active participants in the learning process.
2. Increase the relevance of technology infusion in classroom instruction.
• To integrate digital literacy into everyday classroom instruction and ensure all students are provided the highest quality of education and 21st century learning environments.
• To provide robust professional development opportunities for all faculty in the effective use of instructional technology utilized to engage students in higher order thinking activities.
• To increase the relevance and frequency of technology infused instruction to improve student learning.
• To create an environment where students will demonstrate a sound understanding of ethical, respectful, and responsible use of technology.
3. Implement a proactive approach to address the social, emotional, health and wellness of all students and staff commensurate with the extraordinary challenges facing the district in 2021 - 2022.
• Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, staff and students have experienced a disruption in their lives leading to stress, anxiety, uncertainty and feeling overwhelmed. Focusing on the social and emotional needs of the Totowa School district will be a priority as we navigate through the 2021 - 2022 school year.
• Create an action plan to support social/emotional/behavioral needs of students and staff that incorporate consistent teaching of expectations, use of data, identification of in school support services, identification of outside agency support services and referral procedures.
• To create a clean and safe environment with an atmosphere of inclusion, acceptance, and mutual respect, where students can develop emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
• To promote character development, social relationships, and good citizenship, which foster a positive learning environment that benefits the entire school community.
4. To promote an organizational culture which supports the well-being of the staff, staff growth, staff involvement, and maximum staff performance.
• To develop high-functioning professional staff emphasizing professional learning communities, mentoring opportunities, and school-based professional development.
• To provide a comprehensive mentoring program for non-tenured staff.
• To support the school and district teams in order to improve and enhance teaching practices and support the social and emotional well-being of the staff and students.
G & T Complaint Policy